Back Biological samples
Transporting patient samples from global clinical sites to central testing and specialty labs has challenges. Often classified as UN3373 Category B, biological samples require the appropriate labels and packaging as well as customs regulations expertise. Patient samples that need to be tested for biomarkers are also time- and temperature-sensitive. We can create account numbers by protocol or sponsor while delivering end-to-end temperature monitoring to ensure the integrity of samples are never compromised and all samples are allocated to the correct trial.
Bringing a drug to market successfully often takes several years and millions of dollars in investments. That’s why a well-designed, dependable supply chain is critical from the very start. From early research and development to pre-clinical safety testing, our logistics experts are uniquely qualified to safeguard the integrity of your reagents as we move them to and from bioanalytic labs, manufacturing facilities and testing sites around the world.
Transporting patient samples from global clinical sites to central testing and specialty labs has many challenges. Often classified as UN3373 Category B, biological samples require the appropriate labels and packaging as well as customs regulations expertise. In addition, patient samples that need to be tested for biomarkers are both time- and temperature-sensitive.
Sample kit distribution
Whether direct-to-patient or to collection sites, the expedient transport of sample kits is critical for keeping clinical trials moving. From microbiome to blood kits and more, we have the regulatory expertise and global footprint necessary to reach even the most remote geographies.
Here are some of the features we offer:
- 24/7 expedited shipping to and from more than 190 countries around the world, including hard-to-reach and remote locations
- A market-leading online IT platform, QuickOnline, that provides you with real-time shipment monitoring and status alerts, as well as tools to help manage transportation costs and track samples by protocol or sponsor, and much more
- Complete route planning and real-time GPS tracking with automated alerts for immediate notification of potential delays
- Dangerous goods certified specialists, who are fully up-to-speed on classification and laws relating to dangerous goods shipping regulations
- Guidance in selecting and sourcing the most appropriate active or passive packaging systems for maintaining optimal temperatures
- Provision of UN3373 packaging and labels as well as temperature-controlled packaging required for your critical shipments
- Real-time GPS tracking and door-to-door optimal route planning to meet your deadlines
- Comprehensive regulatory support, including brokerage services, consultation on country-specific customs and airline restrictions, as well as assistance with import and export regulations.
- Expert temperature-controlled logistics solutions for all temperature ranges from refrigerated (2-8º C) to controlled room temperature (CRT, 15-25º C) and beyond, including guidance in selecting and sourcing the most appropriate active or passive packaging systems for maintaining optimal temperatures, and priority logistics to anywhere in the world, even the most remote locations.