Back Quick Expands Global Healthcare Logistics Service Capabilities to Transport New Immunotherapy and Personalized Medicine That Treat Cancer
Quick has expanded its specialized domestic and international personalized medicine logistics capabilities to meet the changing needs of the life science and healthcare communities. The adoption and practice of personalized medicine and biologics continues to extend its reach to all stages of patient care and fields of medicine and include autologous vaccines, which are created from a patient’s own cells and may control or cure various cancers.
These types of drugs can be less stable than others, making both speed and maintaining proper temperature critical throughout the entire transportation process. Individual patient specimens must be quickly transported to laboratories or Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs), where the personalized vaccines are created, and then sent back from the manufacturing site to a medical clinic or hospital where the patient will be infused.
Quick’s healthcare logistics division provides precise cold chain and individual handling throughout the supply chain to ensure drug integrity and patient safety. It is critical that the right drug reaches the right patient at the right time.
Priority service capabilities include:
- Expert Temperature-Controlled Logistics for all temperature ranges with the ability to meet the critical transit times required to maintain the viability of cell and gene based therapies.
- Global Provision of Temperature-Controlled Packaging from -196°C to 2-8°C to 15-25°C, including LN2 dry shippers and conditioned Vacuum Insulated Packaging.
- Next Flight Out, Hand-Carry and Air Charter options allowing Quick to adhere to the tight transit time requirements for personalized medicine.
- In-Transit Storage (Cold Rooms) utilizing GDP principles and best practices, as well as access to temperature controlled vehicles to maintain required temperatures.
- Pre-qualified Routing and real-time GPS tracking to head off potential for delays.
- Robust Chain of Custody ensuring individual handling of each patient specimen and drug therapy, providing highest security and product integrity.
"Immunotherapy drugs are one of the most exciting discoveries in the life science industry. These personalized drugs offer the ability to harness and energize a patient’s immune system to fight cancer with little or no adverse side effects. Quick is proud to be partnering with many of the innovative healthcare and biotech companies who take aim every day to erase cancer in our life time, says Dave Murphy, Executive Vice President, Life Sciences.